Meet this week’s Welcome Wednesdays Tutor-Mentor Lejla Kartal. Lejla is studying a Bachelor of Science (Immunology) at the University of Melbourne.
1. What inspired or interested you about teaching?
The ability to help others learn was what inspired me to teach. It is important to help students feel comfortable and proud of their abilities.
2. How will you connect with your students?
I will connect with my students by making my lessons engaging and personal. I will also focus on their personal interests and incorporate them into the lessons.
3. What subject will you be teaching and for which grade level?
I plan to teach Biology, English, Maths and French. I can teach English and Biology to all year levels, and French and Maths up to Year 10.
4. How do you learn best?
I learn best with colour coordinated notes and diagrams. I also learn best from clear and concise explanations.
5. Why did you choose TutorBright?
I chose TutorBright because it caters to all year levels. TutorBright also gives tutors the chance to help and reach more students.
6. Tell us a fun/interesting fact about yourself!
Click here to read last week’s Welcome Wednesdays post.