Meet Emily Corver! Emily loves to draw, and studied Interior Design at RMIT University.
1. What inspired or interested you about teaching?
I have always wanted to work with children. Knowing that I’ve made a difference in a child’s learning is rewarding.
2. How will you connect with your students?
I was not the best at school, and understand what it is like to struggle academically. Because of this, I feel that I have a lot of empathy and will really understand my students.
3. What subjects will you be teaching and for which grade level?
I would like to teach younger children e.g. prep to year 5. I plan to teach reading, writing, and spelling. I would also consider teaching children with special needs as well!
4. Why did you choose TutorBright?
TutorBright was the first tutoring site that I came across. I liked the structure TutorBright uses and that it offers in-home tutoring.
5. Tell us a fun/interesting fact about yourself!
I am quite artistic, and love to sketch and draw. I am also fluent in German.
To read last week’s Welcome Wednesday post, click here